Pain & Injuries
Bend, OR Acupuncture for Pain & Injuries
Musculoskeletal pain and injuries are the most common reasons patients seek treatment from acupuncturists. Rob and Emden have treated and helped thousands of people in Bend, Oregon get back to the quality of life and activities they love.
Our approach to treating these common complaints starts with the understanding of what these conditions are and how they should be addressed.
- Injuries are not a disease process; they are an accidental stressor placed on the body that it needs assistance with to overcome.
- The appropriate treatment of injuries involves supporting the body’s inherent ability to heal and not interfering with it.
- The treatment of injuries aims to ensure a complete return to balance and function (to the degree that is possible) in a reasonable amount of time.
- Injuries often need a team approach where multiple providers play a role; we refer out, as necessary, to doctors, physical therapists, chiropractors, massage therapists, etc.
- Musculoskeletal pain (MSKP) may be caused by a previous injury that has become chronic. Here we are often talking about various aches and pains related to conditions of unknown origin or are caused by chronic degenerative conditions such as osteoarthritis.
- To be treated successfully, a detailed health history and evaluation needs to be performed to understand the nature and origin of the problem and the person’s underlying ability to be healthy and be balanced.
- Appropriate treatment aims at resolving all areas of imbalance and not just the major complaints.
- The treatment of MSKP often involves resolving or improving other areas of chronic pain or dysfunction that may seem unrelated to the main area of complaint.
Simply put, Rob and Emden utilize a comprehensive approach using the modalities of acupuncture and herbal medicine. Our approach puts the individual first to achieve complete healing rather than the temporary fix of a “band-aid.”
Common complaints we treat:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Sports injuries
- Chronic pain related to old injuries
- Repetitive use strain or injuries
- Degenerative spinal conditions
- Age-related pain
- Pain of unknown origin
- Rheumatoid arthritis
“I went to see Rob a week ago with severe lower back pain, making it hard to even walk into his office. Upon leaving my first treatment, Rob had already helped halt the spasming I was experiencing and I was able to walk out feeling sore rather than excruciating pain. From that day forward, my back kept feeling better. My follow up yesterday went great as well and seemed to loosen the last bit of soreness I was having. This was my first acupuncture experience and I will be spreading the good word to whomever will listen. Thank you!”
“WOW! I have been going to get acupuncture and healing treatments for probably 10 years at this point, and today was nothing short of a MIRACLE! I’ve been suffering from Sciatic nerve pain (super intense and uncomfortable) and within 30 minutes 50% of my pain was gone and I could sit and stand with comfort. Please go here, you are only doing yourself a favor. Thank You!”
“Went to see Rob with terrible pain in my hip. After 4 treatments my pain is completely gone! Rob is a compassionate, professional healer. Wish I would not have waited so long to get my treatment. Thanks so much Rob!”Michael G.